- Software and Performance Engineering
- Modeling and Analysis of Virtualized Storage Systems
- Component-Based Software Engineering and Software Architectures
- Publications are listed on a separate page.
Functions and Memberships
Awards and Recognitions
- Ralf Reussner, Erik Burger, Benjamin Klatt, Michael Langhammer, Qais Noorshams, Andreas Rentschler. "Best Practical Course Award" for the course "Software Quality Engineering mit Eclipse" (as voted by students during the teaching evaluation at KIT), taught during summer term 2013, awarded by the KIT.
- Qais Noorshams. SPECtacular Award 2012 for outstanding service as Release Manager of the SPEC Research Group, awarded by SPEC.
- Ralf Reussner, Michael Kuperberg, Qais Noorshams, Johannes Stammel. "Best Practical Course Award" for the course "Performance von Anwendungen auf Cloud-Großrechner IBM z10" (as voted by students during the teaching evaluation) taught during summer term 2011, awarded by the KIT.
- Qais Noorshams. Certificate of Recognition for the diploma thesis "Focusing the optimization of software architecture models using non-functional requirements", awarded by the ObjektForum Karlsruhe.
- Qais Noorshams. Best Computer Science Graduate (among the top 10%) of the year 2010/2011, awarded by the KIT.
- Qais Noorshams. Best Computer Science Intermediate Graduate (among the top 10%) of the year 2007/2008, awarded by the KIT.
Selected Reviewer Activities
- Program Committee Member of the ACM/SPEC Int. Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE), Industry Track, 2014
- The Computer Journal, Oxford University Press, 2012
- International ACM Sigsoft Symposium on Component-Based Software Engineering (CBSE), 2014
- IEEE Int. Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 2014
- IEEE Int. Conference on Cluster Computing (Cluster), 2014
- ACM/IEEE Int. Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), 2013
- Int. Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC), 2013
- Int. Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP), 2013
- ACM Int. SIGMETRICS/Performance Conference, 2012
- ACM/SPEC Int. Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE), 2012 – 2013
- Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture & European Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA/ECSA), 2012
- ACM SIGSOFT Int. Conference on Quality of Software Architectures (QoSA), 2012
- European Performance Engineering Workshop (EPEW), 2013
Currently, I am supervising the Diploma Thesis of Safa Omri, working title Automated Selection and Tuning of Statistical Regression Techniques for Goal-driven Creation of Predictive Models.
Supervised Theses (partly in cooperation with IBM R&D, Germany):
 Kiana Rostami, Modellierung von Performanzinterferenz datenintensiver Anwendungen in virtualisierten Umgebungen am Beispiel IBM System z. Diploma thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2014.
 Roland Reeb, Modellierung von virtualisierten Speicher-Systemen mit dem Palladio Component Model. Bachelor's thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2014.
 Axel Busch, Workload Characterization for I/O Performance Analysis on IBM System z. Master's thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2013.
 Kiana Rostami, Performance-Vorhersage von virtualisiertem Storage mit Warteschlangennetzen. Study thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2012.
 Dominik Bruhn, Modeling and Experimental Analysis of Virtualized Storage Performance using IBM System z as Example. Diploma thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2012.
I am/was involved in supervising students during multiple practical courses and seminars between the summer term 2011 and the current summer term 2014. The courses are/were, among others:
- Research Course Large-Scale System Analysis and Simulation
- Practical Course Qualität von Anwendungen auf Cloud-Großrechner IBM z10
- Practical Course Software Quality Engineering mit Eclipse
- Seminar Big Data, Architektur und Performance
- Seminar Qualität virtualisierter Ressourcen
- Seminar Betriebliche Unternehmenssoftware und IBM System z
The goal of this thesis is to analyze the performance influence of data-intensive workloads running in virtual machines and to create a generic storage performance analysis model.
Open Student Researcher Jobs
Das IIC bietet verschiedene spannende Aufgaben, z.B. Programmieraufgaben, Web-Design- Möglichkeiten oder technische Arbeiten, rund um IBM System z, Java, z/OS und mehr.
For further or similar theses and jobs, please contact me via email.
Short Curriculum Vitae
|Since Jan 2011||Researcher and Ph.D. Candidate at the Department of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany|
|Oct 2005 - Nov 2010||Studies of Computer Science at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany|
Last update: August 26, 2014