His research interests include continuous quality modeling and analysis across several domains, such as information systems and business processes, with a focus on industrial application. One core asset is the Palladio approach for quality assurance of component-based software systems.
Support for software evolution and reengineering via model-driven monitoring, run-time architecture modeling and analysis techniques is another focus of his research.
New Approaches to Continuous Quality Engineering
2014, XXII, 233 p. 36 illus.
Publications are listed on a separate page and
Robert Heinrich holds the following functions:
| || |
Robert is or was involved in the organization committee of the following events:
- ICSA 2017: 14th International Conference on Software Architecture (publication chair)
- SEKE 2017: 29th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (publicity chair)
- QoSA 2016: 12th International ACM Sigsoft Conference on the Quality of Software Architectures (program committee co-chair), main theme "Architecting for Deployability"
- SEKE 2016: 28th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (publicity chair)
- Modellierung 2016 - German National Conference on Modeling (students program chair)
- EMLS17: 4th Collaborative Workshop on Evolution and Maintenance of Long-Living Systems (co-organizer)
- EMLS16: 3rd Collaborative Workshop on Evolution and Maintenance of Long-Living Systems (co-organizer)
- REBPM16: 2nd Workshop Requirements Engineering & Business Process Management (co-chair, co-organizer)
- EMLS15: 2nd Collaborative Workshop on Evolution and Maintenance of Long-Living Systems (co-organizer)
- REBPM14: IEEE 1st International Workshop on the Interrelations between Requirements Engineering & Business Process Management (co-chair, co-organizer)
- EMLS14: 1st Collaborative Workshop on Evolution and Maintenance of Long-Living Systems (program committee chair and co-organizer)
He is or has been a program committee member of the following events:
- ICSA 2017: 14th International Conference on Software Architecture
- SEKE 2017: 29th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering
- SEKE 2016: 28th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering
- WSC15: 2015 Winter Simulation Conference
PC Member – Business Process Modeling
- LTB 2017: 6th International Workshop on Load Testing and Benchmarking of Software Systems co-located with ICPE
- SSP 2016: Symposium on Software Performance
- DFF 2016: 7. Workshop „Design For Future – Langlebige Softwaresysteme“
- IWPE16: 2nd International Workshop on Process Engineering at BPM 2016
- LT 2016: 5th International Workshop on Large-Scale Testing co-located with ICPE
- IWPE15: 1st International Workshop on Process Engineering at BPM 2015
He has been a reviewer for the following journals:
- Transactions on Software Engineering, IEEE (2016)
- Empirical Software Engineering, Springer (2016)
- Business & Information Systems Engineering, Springer (2015)
- Int'l Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, World Scientific (2015)
- Information and Software Technology, Elsevier (2011)
Robert was invited to and participated in the following GI Dagstuhl Seminars:
- Software Engineering for Self-Adaptive Systems (GI-Dagstuhl Seminar 14433, 2014)
- Software Performance Engineering in the DevOps World (GI-Dagstuhl Seminar 16394, 2016)
He is giving the following lectures:
- Software Evolution at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) each winter semester,
- Cloud Computing at HECTOR School of Engineering and Management each winter semester, and
- Software and Systems Engineering at HECTOR School of Engineering and Management each summer semester.
He is or was also involved in the following courses:
- Praktikum Software Quality Engineering mit Eclipse (2015, 2014),
- Seminar Software-Architektur, Sicherheit und Datenschutz (2015),
- Proseminar Software-Katastrophen (2015), and
- Seminar Sichtenbasierte Entwicklung Softwareintensiver Systeme (2014).
Teachings from his time in the Software Engineering group at Heidelberg University is available on a separate page.
Robert is leading or involved in the following research projects:
- Tailored Software Engineering - A Reference Architecture for Customized Quality Modeling and Analysis
- iObserve - Integrated Observation and Modeling Techniques to Support Adaptation and Evolution of Software Systems
- DoMain - Domain-spanning Maintainability Estimation of Information and Manufacturing Automation Systems
Studien-, Bachelor-, Diplom-, Masterarbeit
Studien-, Bachelor-, Diplom-, Masterarbeit
Häufig scheitern Software-Entwicklungsprojekte nicht aufgrund technischer Schwierigkeiten, sondern aufgrund mangelnder Einbindung in und Abstimmug mit den Geschäftsprozessen eines Unternehmen. Die gemeinsame Betrachtung der wechselseitigen Einflüsse zwischen Geschäftsprozessen und Informationssystemen ist ein aktuelles Thema in Forschung...