Dr.-Ing. Lucia Happe
This is the alumni page of Lucia Happe. It is online for archiving reasons. The information on this page may thus be outdated; please refer to the current webpage of the person for details.
Among others, I am interested in model and metamodel quality in model-driven software engineering. During my PhD research, I have created an approach to automatically refine models with low level implementation details that are necessary to provide accurate performance predictions for component-based software architectures. This includes following topics:
- Identification and formalisation of non-functional software properties and their representation as configurable black-box model constructs called model completions
- Building library of model completions representing various design patterns (with focus on concurrency)
- Support for automated integration of completions in the performance prediction models
- Higher-Order Transformations and their role in refinement transformation generation
See the wiki page on my approach Chilies for details.
Additionally, I am interested in software quality topics, especially the software system survivability and security.
2014, XII, 447 S.
Publications are listed on a separate page and
Lucia is or was involved in the organization committee of the following events:
- FESCA 2015: 12th International Workshop on Formal Engineering approaches to Software Components and Architectures, Satellite event of ETAPS
- MB4CP 2015: The International Workshop on Model-Based Design for Cyber-Physical Systems, , Satellite event of DSN (publicity chair)
- FESCA 2014: 11th International Workshop on Formal Engineering approaches to Software Components and Architectures, Satellite event of ETAPS
- FESCA 2013: 11th International Workshop on Formal Engineering approaches to Software Components and Architectures, Satellite event of ETAPS
She is or has been a program committee member of the following events:
- SAGRA 2016: Sustainable Architecture: Global collaboration, Requirements, Analysis workshop
- ICSEA 2016: The Eleventh International Conference on Software Engineering Advances
- SAGRA 2015: Sustainable Architecture: Global collaboration, Requirements, Analysis workshop
- MEMICS 2015: Doctoral Workshop on Mathematical and Engineering Methods in Computer Science
- ModComp 2015: International Workshop on Interplay of Model-Driven and Component-Based Software Engineering
- ModComp 2014: International Workshop on Interplay of Model-Driven and Component-Based Software Engineering
- HotTopiCS 2014: International Workshop on Hot Topics in Cloud service Scalability
- QoSA 2013: 9th International ACM Sigsoft Conference on the Quality of Software Architectures
Furthermore, she has been a reviewer for the following journals:
- Journal of Systems and Software, regular paper (2015), Elsevier
- Software and System Modeling journal, regular paper (2016, 2015, 2011), theme issue on Model-Driven Engineering for Component-Based Software Systems (2016), and theme issue on Models for Quality of Software Architecture (2012), Springer
- Science of Computer Programming, Elsevier (2013, 2012)
- Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Elsevier (2014)
Lucia was invited to and participated in the following Dagstuhl Seminars:
Randomized Timed and Hybrid Models for Critical Infrastructures (Dagstuhl Seminar 14031, 2014)
Quantitative Software Design (Dagstuhl Seminar 09432, 2009)
Dependability and Software Engineering (Dagstuhl Seminar 06452, 2006)
- ICMT'13 Best Transformation Refactoring Support in the Transformation Tool Context together with Georg Hinkel and Thomas Goldschmidt
- DAAD PhD Stipendium award, 2008
- TUKE (Technical University of Kosice) award for Distinguished Student Achievements, 2006
Awards of supervised diploma theses:
- Georg Hinkel. An approach to maintainable model transformations with an internal DSL, Best diploma thesis awarded by Verein der Karlsruher Software-Ingenieure (VKSI).
- Max E. Kramer. Generic and extensible model weaving and its application to building models, Best diploma thesis awarded by the ObjektForum Karlsruhe.
- Misha Strittmatter. Feedback-driven concurrency improvement and refinement of performance models, Best diploma thesis awarded by Verein der Karlsruher Software-Ingenieure (VKSI).
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
|2007||Ph.D. student at the University Karlsruhe, Germany|
|2007||Internship Program SAP Research Center CEC Karlsruhe, Germany|
|2006||Research assistant at the Charles University in Prague, Czech republic|
|2003-2007||Student assistant in research and teaching (various positions)- Computer Networks Laboratory, Department of Informatics, TU Kosice, Slovakia|
|2004||Visiting Researcher, FOKUS Fraunhofer Institut Berlin, Germany|
|2004||Internship Program U.S.Steel Pittsburgh, Department of IT Infrastructure and Data communications, Kosice, Slovakia|
|2000-2006||Studies of Computer Science at the Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia|
|1992-2000 ||Attendance of the secondary school 'Gymnasium Postova' in Kosice, Slovakia|
Helmholtz Portfolio Research: Security- & Safety-Critical Infrastructure
KASTEL - Das Kompetenzzentrum für angewandte Sicherheitstechnologie
Ferdinand - to investigate approaches for the early evaluation of architectural design decisions by analyzing and comparing design alternatives
http://www.q-impress.eu/wordpress/Q-ImPrESS - to bring service orientation to critical application domains, such as industrial production control, telecommunication and critical enterprise applications, with guaranteed end-to-end quality of service
Teaching and advising
Lucia Happe is giving the following lectures:
- http://sdqweb.ipd.kit.edu/wiki/Vorlesung_Software-Evolution_WS15/16Modellgetriebene Software-Entwicklung at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) each winter semester
And following courses:
- Praktikum Modellgetriebene Software-Entwicklung
- Praxis der Forschung: Modellgetriebene Software-Entwicklung
Please contact me if you are interested in a Master Thesis/Diplomarbeit or Bachelor Thesis/Studienarbeit related to my research or the Palladio approach in general.
Next to the topics presented on our Theses and Jobs page, there are always new ideas for thesis available, so just contact me.