His research interests include continuous quality modeling and analysis across several domains, such as information systems and business processes, with a focus on industrial application. One core asset is the Palladio approach for quality assurance of component-based software systems.
Support for software evolution and reengineering via model-driven monitoring, run-time architecture modeling and analysis techniques is another focus of his research.
New Approaches to Continuous Quality Engineering
2014, XXII, 233 p. 36 illus.
Publications are listed on a separate page and
Robert Heinrich holds the following functions:
| || |
Robert is or was involved in the organization committee of the following events:
- ICSA 2017: 14th International Conference on Software Architecture (publication chair)
- SEKE 2017: 29th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (publicity chair)
- QoSA 2016: 12th International ACM Sigsoft Conference on the Quality of Software Architectures (program committee co-chair), main theme "Architecting for Deployability"
- SEKE 2016: 28th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (publicity chair)
- Modellierung 2016 - German National Conference on Modeling (students program chair)
- EMLS17: 4th Collaborative Workshop on Evolution and Maintenance of Long-Living Systems (co-organizer)
- EMLS16: 3rd Collaborative Workshop on Evolution and Maintenance of Long-Living Systems (co-organizer)
- REBPM16: 2nd Workshop Requirements Engineering & Business Process Management (co-chair, co-organizer)
- EMLS15: 2nd Collaborative Workshop on Evolution and Maintenance of Long-Living Systems (co-organizer)
- REBPM14: IEEE 1st International Workshop on the Interrelations between Requirements Engineering & Business Process Management (co-chair, co-organizer)
- EMLS14: 1st Collaborative Workshop on Evolution and Maintenance of Long-Living Systems (program committee chair and co-organizer)
He is or has been a program committee member of the following events:
- ICSA 2017: 14th International Conference on Software Architecture
- SEKE 2017: 29th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering
- SEKE 2016: 28th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering
- WSC15: 2015 Winter Simulation Conference
PC Member – Business Process Modeling
- LTB 2017: 6th International Workshop on Load Testing and Benchmarking of Software Systems co-located with ICPE
- SSP 2016: Symposium on Software Performance
- DFF 2016: 7. Workshop „Design For Future – Langlebige Softwaresysteme“
- IWPE16: 2nd International Workshop on Process Engineering at BPM 2016
- LT 2016: 5th International Workshop on Large-Scale Testing co-located with ICPE
- IWPE15: 1st International Workshop on Process Engineering at BPM 2015
He has been a reviewer for the following journals and magazines:
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (2016)
- IEEE Software (2017)
- Empirical Software Engineering, Springer (2016)
- Business & Information Systems Engineering, Springer (2015)
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (2017)
- Journal of Software: Evolution and Process, Wiley (2017)
- Int'l Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, World Scientific (2015)
- Information and Software Technology, Elsevier (2011)
Robert was invited to and participated in the following GI Dagstuhl Seminars:
- Software Engineering for Self-Adaptive Systems (GI-Dagstuhl Seminar 14433, 2014)
- Software Performance Engineering in the DevOps World (GI-Dagstuhl Seminar 16394, 2016)
and was invited to and participated in the following Bellairs Workshops:
- Reuse at the Language Level (at Bellairs Research Institute of McGill, 2017)
He is giving the following lectures:
- Software Evolution at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) each winter semester,
- Cloud Computing at HECTOR School of Engineering and Management each winter semester, and
- Software and Systems Engineering at HECTOR School of Engineering and Management each summer semester.
He is or was also involved in the following courses:
- Praktikum Software Quality Engineering mit Eclipse (2015, 2014),
- Seminar Software-Architektur, Sicherheit und Datenschutz (2015),
- Proseminar Software-Katastrophen (2015), and
- Seminar Sichtenbasierte Entwicklung Softwareintensiver Systeme (2014).
Teachings from his time in the Software Engineering group at Heidelberg University is available on a separate page.
Robert is leading or involved in the following research projects:
- Tailored Software Engineering - A Reference Architecture for Customized Quality Modeling and Analysis
- iObserve - Integrated Observation and Modeling Techniques to Support Adaptation and Evolution of Software Systems
- DoMain - Domain-spanning Maintainability Estimation of Information and Manufacturing Automation Systems
no news in this list.